Good afternoon everyone!! Welcome to Friday!
It’s a long weekend here in the UK – the last one before Christmas – and the whole country is excited. Well, apart from those who have to work.
I have seen other blogs do ‘confessions’ posts, where they basically reveal things about them that you might not know. Because I am nosy, I really like these posts. So here, for your reading pleasure, are my Friday Fives: five things that have happened to me in the last 10 days that you might not know:
- I forgot my socks when I was in London, and went running anyway. Now my running shoes stink, and I can’t get the smell out. And, as they were in my suitcase with my other clothes, I’m worried that I smelled the whole time I was in Berlin. Being in HR means that everyone speaks to you very tactfully, so no one would have told me. Who knew a short 7k would prove such a potent enemy to my pretty, purple runners?
- I discovered that green tea makes me sick. After drinking it first thing on an empty stomach for a while, I always felt nauseous. This morning I was actually physically sick – poor SB was trying to open his birthday presents, and I had to keep running to the bathroom. Â It was a great start to his birthday. After a some good internet diagnosis, I learned that green tea stimulates stomach acid, which can upset your stomach. So… beware of green tea on an empty stomach! Back to coffee for me….. it’s a sign.
- My mojo has gone this week… I haven’t wanted to go on any of the runs that I’ve done. This is kind of how I’ve felt this week:
Shut up and Run says you have to approach running like you would a doctor’s appointment, and think that you can’t back out – which is 100% true, and very helpful when you don’t want to go. Drag yourself out there, and about 5 minutes in, you’re a new person, all in love with life etc.
- And for those looking for a bit of romance – I read this poem this week, and it has made my insides all gooey.Â It’s so romantic. I Â love the idea that someone’s eyes has a voice which is deeper than roses. Imagine being the person this was written about – how could you carry on each day knowing that?
- I have recently become a bit concerned with facial wrinkle prevention: my dual struggle is that I smileÂ a lot and also runÂ a lot. Laughter lines are pretty well-entrenched – I’ve tried to master the no-wrinkle-smile, but it just look like I’m about to kill someone.
And I dunno whether running causes wrinkles, but I’m not about to stop. What I am about to do is spend all my disposable income on good stuff to help this. My friend has this blog which has literally saved my life with all this – she is a chemist (like SB) and soÂ really and actually knows what works and what doesn’t. Thank you, Lab Muffin!!!!!
I have also been eyeing up some races for Autumn – I haven’t done a half marathon this year yet, and it’s making me twitchy. I love the half!! I can’t wait til payday and I can sign up to them all.
And it’s SB’s birthday today!! Happy birthday to the cleverest Organic Chemist in all the land. I am using his special day as an excuse to eat as much chocolate and cake as I can. He’s not even here now…. I can still celebrate 😉
Happy Friday everyone, and if you’re in the UK, enjoy the long weekend!!